Saturday, September 22, 2018

Exciting News!



Hi everyone,

 I recently heard that a doll company called Carpatina is making a colonial boy doll! It's truly a dream come true, since they are making him look historically accurate. He has the right hair, hat and everything:

(image from Amazon, https://www.amazon.com/James-William-inch-American-Colonial/dp/B075WCWZMM)

So, I didn't make a blog post about American Girl turning down my idea to make a Ben Davidson doll  (they couldn't do it since they said they aren't allowed to use costumer's ideas).

(image from Wiki, http://americangirl.wikia.com/wiki/Benjamin_Davidson) 

I was too upset at the time to even think of making a blog post. (I am not saying that I don't like AG, I was just was disappointed in them.) However, just after they got back to me, I found out that Carpatina had announced they were making a colonial boy doll, and I found it even more interesting when I discovered he had all the things I had wanted Ben to have. (Minus looking like how they portrayed him in Felicity's movie.)

I found this too exciting not to blog about. :)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do you think of the new boy doll? What is your favorite historical time period(s)? 

Love,
Quinley
P.S. Happy Hobbit Day! Today is Bilbo's and Frodo's birthday.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you. When you say "more like this" do you mean making posts about what doll companies are doing? Or something else?
      -Quinley

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this Colonial boy doll is absolutely adorable! Carpetina, you said? I gotta look them up...

    And what is my favorite historical time period? Whew... that's a tough one. I love the dresses of the Georgian era (i.e. the era of Jane Austen's novels) a.k.a. the Regency period, but for men's clothing, I'm a big fan of the medieval Celts.

    I came to view your latest blogs and give you a gem, Quin ley! And thank you, too, for the feedback on my Romeo and Juliet film. Know I just need to muster up the courage to follow through with the changes that need done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoops! I see now that my name wasn't included in my comment about the Regency period and the medieval Celts. This is Chelly Wood of the dot com by the same name. I was using my sister's computer...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh. Now I've read through my comment and I see that I had a type-o. My sister's computer is super sensitive and deletes stuff at random! That wasn't supposed to say "give you a gem..." it was supposed to say, "and give you my opinion on cool doll-related questions. You're a gem, Quin ley!"

    Embarrassed emoji. ��

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on. I apologize if your comment does not show up right away. If your comments are off-topic, inflammatory, or mean they will not be approved.