Saturday, July 24, 2021

The Mystery Blogger Award

 I was nominated by McKayla at Tales of a Triple Threat. Thank you so much, McKayla. 😀

Though the tag was originally meant for my creative arts blog, I felt that it fit my doll blog better. (The reason is, one of the questions related to stop motion animation, which is something I usually do with my dolls).

Also, if you got a random post in your feed that was deleted soon after, that was because I was claiming my blog on Bloglovin . I am so sorry for the inconvenience. BlogLovin' made it so I had to make a post on this blog with the code in order to claim it, and not simply paste the code anywhere else like a page. So, sorry about that. 

Anyway, on to the award: 

                                                                  The logo: 


The rules: 

1) Display the award logo on your blog.

2) Mention Okoto Enigma, the creator of the award.

3) Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.

4) Answer 5 questions from the blogger who nominated you.

5) Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.

6) Share the link to your best post.

7) Nominate 10 – 20 bloggers and notify them that they are nominated.

8) Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice, including 1 weird or funny question.

9) Continue the chain!!


Three (doll related) facts about me:

1. My first AG doll was Sarah (who is a Just Like You #39). 



2. I started doing doll customizations in 2016, though before that I had made Greek Goddess dolls (which I didn't customize but made the chitons and togas for). 


3. I really wish movie companies could make more dolls of their characters, given that a lot of the movies I tend to like only make action figures of their characters. 


My Best post(s): 

I don't have one specific post that I'd say I like more than others,

so here are some posts I had a lot of fun making: 

Red Coats on the Horizon (part 1): It Started With a Song

The White Lady (a lyrical photoshoot)

Custom Doll Project: Mermaid


1. [For fun] Have you ever stalked a fictional character?
"Stalked," meaning watched lot of episodes of a show's a season to get the episode they are in? 
Or staring at photos of them? I admit to doing both of these with a lot of fictional characters...

But how does one stalk a fictional character exactly? Do you stalk a fictional character by reading books about them? Or watching their movies or TV shows? If so, are we stalking characters all the time? 

I have so many questions about this!

2. Dream job?

I really want to open my own doll company one day and make dolls of my characters and characters from literature. And my doll company may have a mixture of 18 inch and Barbie doll sized dolls, though I'm not entirely sure how exactly they will look. 

3. Favorite dessert?
Cake and ice cream. 

4. Stop-motion or iMovie?
I do stop motion animations (of my dolls), and then I use iMovie to put the sequences together.       
So both? 

5. Do you like antiheroes?
Yes! I also really like morally gray characters. 


I nominate: 

My questions: 

1. Who is your favorite American Girl doll, and why? 
2. Do you like any other 18 inch dolls that aren't made by AG? 
3. What retired dolls do you think AG should bring back, and why? 
4. If you were to create an AG doll (or any other type of doll), what would your doll's story be? And what would your doll be like? 
5. If you could own any of the clothes that your dolls have in your size, which one would you like to have, and why? 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What's your favorite desert? And have you ever made stop motions with your dolls? 

-Quinley 

17 comments:

  1. Hi Quinley,
    I purchased my Centaur directly from the company (http://eluts.com/). Thank you for the award, unfortunately I no longer accept tags, but I do appreciate the nomination.
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Xanadu,
      That's really helpful, thank you. :D And you're welcome.
      -Quinley

      Delete
    2. I followed this blog and your other blog Adventure Awaits

      Delete
    3. Thank you so much.
      -Quinley

      Delete
  2. 1. Who is your favorite American Girl doll, and why?

    I Really like Rebecca, Kit, Maryellen. I am going to ask for Rebecca for my birthday. I like Kit because her story is so good and it teaches you a lot about Money, Great Depression, and that sometimes changes are good. And I like Maryellen because the 1950s are my favorite time period and I love that Maryellen is so creative. And Rebecca is my favorite because her story's teaches me about immigration to the USA and that you have to follow your dreams. For example in Rebecca's story she wants to be and actress and her family says that they want her to be a teacher and acting is not a good job for Rebecca.
    2. Do you like any other 18 inch dolls that aren't made by AG?

    I love our generation furniture, accessories, clothes because they are so much cheaper than AG and such great quality. Also if you watch my YouTube Channel linked in my profile description you can see that I have a lot of Our Generation Furniture in my dollhouse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3. What retired dolls do you think AG should bring back, and why?

    Every single retired historical doll because they had such good story's. Also I feel American Girl just wants the money instead of making dolls cheaper and getting more business they are making more expensive and retiring historical dolls like they did when they retired Cecile and Marie Grace which were actually great dolls or Molly and Emily that teach you about WW2. They are literally killing their own company with making truly me dolls more Barbie like.
    4. If you were to create an AG doll (or any other type of doll), what would your doll's story be? And what would your doll be like?
    She would be from the 1990s and living in Texas. That is all I could come up with for now.

    5. If you could own any of the clothes that your dolls have in your size, which one would you like to have, and why?

    I would love to have Kit's green meet dress in my size because I like Kits 1930s clothes and it has a lot of flowers on it. I also think it would look nice on me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok I answered all of those questions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Quinley! Thank you so much for nominating me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Once again Quinley, I wanted to thank you for nominating me :) You are the first person who has ever nominated me for an award so that meant so much to me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Hailey. :) I'm glad that it made you happy, I was excited when I got my first award too.
      -Quinley

      Delete
  7. I've uploaded the Mystery Blogger Award post with my answers to Fashion Doll Memoirs, link included below.

    https://fashiondollmemoirs.blogspot.com/2021/08/ive-been-tagged-for-mystery-blogger.html

    Thanks again for nominating me.
    Signed, Treesa

    ReplyDelete
  8. So who won this mystery blogger award?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The person who tagged me was McKayla. She was originally awarded The Mystery Blogger Award, and then she nominated me. So I was then given the award (everyone McKayla and I nominated at the end of our posts were awarded). I nominated you for the award, so you won as well.

      Basically whoever wins (gets nominated for it) has to answer the questions that the person who nominated them asks at the end of their post. You would need to post the answers on your own blog and then nominate other bloggers for the award. :D

      I hope that answers your question,
      -Quinley

      Delete
    2. Oh ok! Sorry I guess I did not read the rules for this blogger award.

      Delete

Comment moderation is turned on. I apologize if your comment does not show up right away. If your comments are off-topic, inflammatory, or mean they will not be approved.