Sunday, February 3, 2019

Custom Doll Project: Guinevere



Hi everyone,
 I thought I would post this custom doll project, that I hinted on in this post :

Her hair was already cut and I didn't exactly know what to do with it when I started...





I wanted to reroot her hair (though I still have no idea how to, and wouldn't really want to try). Instead I decided that I would cut the remaining hair she had and glue on yarn, like I've done before with my previous doll projects (including Newt Scamander (see the end of the post), this doll project, and this one).


This isn't the best image of the book, which inspired my custom doll of Guinevere, but it at least shows what my inspiration for her hair was:
(Image from Amazon,
https://www.amazon.com/Young-Guinevere-Dell-Picture-Yearling/dp/0440412919/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1547844841&sr=1-1&keywords=Young+Guinevere)
I began cutting her hair, 





                                          I then got some orange yarn, and began brushing it out.


And then hot glued it to her head. 


                     
Until I completely covered her head with yarn. 
                                         
And then I wrapped a ribbon around her hair, 
until it looked like the reference photo. 
Then I began working on her clothes, I used felt and wrapped it around her. 
And then glued two small pieces of felt to it to make the apron. 
I made her dress, which I then slipped the apron over. I didn't take
very many pictures for the progress of the dress unfortunately. 


                 Before                                                                                                   After        


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you have a favorite character from the Arthurian legends? 

Love, 
Quinley 

3 comments:

  1. She looks so good! I love her pose in the after picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :) I’m glad you enjoyed the post.
      -Quinley

      Delete
    2. P.S. I'm really glad that you decided to visit my blog! :)

      Delete

Comment moderation is turned on. I apologize if your comment does not show up right away. If your comments are off-topic, inflammatory, or mean they will not be approved.