Monday, March 4, 2019

Custom Doll Project: Titania


Hello everyone.
I thought I would share another custom doll project, which I finished.
In this doll project I didn't use a reference for how the character looks, though there have been multiple versions of the character, Titania, from Shakespeare.
I decided I would do my version of Titania instead of someone else's.
So let's begin:



This doll always reminded me of Titania, so I thought 
I would turn her into Titania, with a little repainting. 
(But with no nail polish remover, I have not yet figured out 
how to safely use it on a doll without accidentally removing a layer of plastic.
So if anyone has done this successfully on one of their dolls, I would love to hear about it
in the comments.) 

The first thing I did was paint over her lips, 
and make them redder. 

And then I took a gold paint marker, and began dabbing gold 
spots underneath her eyes. 

The next thing I did was to paint a crown onto her head, 
which was inspired Boudica
And took a white paint marker and covered over her existing irises. 

And then started making my own, which were in a different place 
than the original. 

Then I took a green paint marker which was more vibrant than her original eye color
and began painting it over. 

I then added in red parts at the corners of her eyes to 
make it look more realistic. 

The first time I added the pupils in, it didn't look right, 
so I waited for it to dry and painted over them with green.


I then painted on yellow and gold eye liner and eyeshadow. 

I then added reflections in the eyes, by adding white dots,
and made her bottom eyelashes more visible. 

Once I finished painting over her existing paint, 
I used Mod Podge to stop it from scratching off. 
I found out later, that the Mod Podge had a gloss finish, 
but it felt perfect for her, since Titania is an immortal fairy. 


Next I began working on her outfit, 
I used brown felt and began gluing on silk leaves and flowers. 




Next I glued on two pipe cleaners, and started adding on silk 
 leaves. 


While working on her wings I also glued on 
some sequins. 

And then I glued the wings onto her dress. 

Before:                                            After:

----------------------------------------------------------------
Which character from A Midsummer Night's Dream is your favorite?
Have you ever done a full doll repaint before? 

Love, 
Quinley 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is turned on. I apologize if your comment does not show up right away. If your comments are off-topic, inflammatory, or mean they will not be approved.